Auction of Promises -October 15th at Waldringﬁeld Sailing Club
Waldringﬁeld Cadets GBR World Team
Many of you have already made splendid contributions towards getting the Worlds Team to Argentina – our Car Wash, Cake Bake and Ice Cream sales have all been well supported and generous donations have been made by the Club and also continue to come in to our crowdfunding site https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/wscteam-cadets.
The recent evening at the Mayhews was a great success as well. Nevertheless the cost of competing in Argentina is very signiﬁcant (£12,000 alone for shipping the boats by container) and so we are holding an Auction of Promises at the Club on 15 October at 7.30pm. Former WSC Cadet Tim Carter who now works at BAR Land Rover is kindly coming to give a presentation on Sir Ben Ainslie’s efforts to win back the Americas Cup as part of the evening.
How it works
We already have a number of items to auction on the night but if any club members have anything they can donate (anything you think someone would want to bid for – please think creatively!) we will do our best to auction it. Please send a detailed description of what you are promising to email@example.com as soon as possible. Promises made so far include the following:
• A ﬂight for 2 in a private plane around Essex (1hr ﬂight) – friend of Mark and Sue Chatterton
• Stunning Spanish Villa in Grenada, sleeps 10, 1 week in January February, March or November 2017 https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1889942. (Minimum bid £500 to cover owners costs – anything over that goes to the fund) – friend of Andy and Karen Line
• 2 hour drive in one of his Vintage cars – an 1929 open 4 seat tourer or a 1930 4 seat saloon with possibility of visiting a pub – Roger Challis
• One year’s supply of potatoes – Kim and Geoff Mayhew
• Half a day’s 420 training – Willow Bland (Ladies 420 National Champion 2016)
• Home cooked readymade ﬁsh pie, lasagne and prawn curry suppers for 6 – Harriet Bland
• Champagne launch trip to the Ramsholt Inn for 8 (dinner not included) – Neil Collingridge
• Half a day’s Wayfarer set up or training – Neil Collingridge (Not a member of any team!)
• Half a day’s Radial Training – Daisy Collingridge (British Youth Team 2016)
• House in Kennington, London for 2 nights over New Year 2016/17, sleeps 7. Only 10 mins walk to Thames to watch ﬁreworks – Neil Collingridge and Sarah Northey
• An evening’s Babysitting in Waldringﬁeld – Hattie Collingridge and Cara Bland
• Hire of an Audi TT for a weekend -Mark Wootton
• 5 Dog walks in Waldringﬁeld – Angus Collingridge
• Ringo/Wakeboard afternoon on the Deben – Mark Chatterton
• A morning’s professional Tennis Coaching with lunch in Colchester – Harry Chatterton
• Real Christmas Tree – Mark Wootton at Nottcutts
• Service of Outboard Engine up to £250 inc. VAT – suitable for any Honda, Suzuki, Mariner, Mercury or Yamaha Outboard – Seamark Nunn
• 2 tickets for trip in Jahan – Mark Barton at Waldringﬁeld Boatyard
• Waldringﬁeld Beach hut for 5 days – Kim and Geoff Mayhew
• Supply and install either 2 insect screen Windows (up to 800mm x1200mm) or an insect screen door (up to 1000mm x 2100mm) retail at £180 – Flybird Installations – Chris Spark.
• a stay at innocence rooms, Ipswich for 2/4 people (retail £65/100 per night) – Kim and Geoff Mayhew
• 2 pairs of sunglasses- coco mint ladies and Jensen (retail at £80 a pair) – Kim and Geoff Mayhew
• 30 large bottles of Cobra (660 ml) – Gandhi’s restaurant Kennington.
Please put October 15th in your diaries now. We intend opening the bar and having an optional collection for entries at the door. We will recirculate the ﬁnal list of promises in advance of the event and we are also able to take email bids in advance for anyone unable to attend. Further information regarding the GBR Cadet World Team can be found at: http://www.ukcadetworldteam2016.org.uk/index.html
Thankyou all for your continuing support.
Waldringﬁeld GBR Cadet Worlds Team