WALDRINGFIELD SAILING CLUB CENTENARY BOOK
We’re looking for your
photos and stories from Waldringfield Sailing Club.
As part of the club’s centenary celebrations next year a book is being put together of the history, the boats, the races and the characters of the club.
A small editorial team is collecting information, stories, photos to be ready to publish late in 2021. At this stage, anything use useful, so please dig around your house and your memories to see what can be found.
We especially need:
• Photos and stories from the early days, including the war years
• Stories about some of the early events and yachts racing at the club
• A potted history of each of the club’s adopted classes, current and old
• Profiles of some of the famous or infamous characters of the club, from any era
• Photos of boats and races from any era (obviously we have plenty from the last 10 years or so).
• Or just a few memories. These can be very short so they can be included in the wider story. A memorable race or incident, storm, rescue or event.
Please send all materials and/or photos for scanning to Robert Deaves (firstname.lastname@example.org; 2 Exeter Road, Ipswich, IP3 8JL or 07936 356663). He can also collect of local.
For emails, please copy in the Vice Commodore (email@example.com).
If you feel you would like to contribute and want to write a longer story on a particular subject or do an interview with anyone, please get in touch with Robert who is coordinating the work.