WALDRINGFIELD SAILING CLUB
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Statement
As defined in the Children Act 1989, for the purposes of this policy anyone under the age of 18 should be considered as a child. The policy also applies to vulnerable adults.
It is the policy of Waldringfield Sailing Club to safeguard its members from physical, sexual or emotional harm whilst participating in any activities associated with the club. Waldringfield Sailing Club will take all reasonable steps to ensure that, through appropriate procedures and training, children, young people and adults participating in Waldringfield Sailing Club activities do so in a safe environment. We recognise that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount and that all children, whatever their age, gender, disability, culture, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, social status or sexual identity, have a right to protection from abuse.
Waldringfield Sailing Club actively seeks to:
- Create a safe and welcoming environment, both on and off the water, where children can have fun and develop their skills and confidence.
- Recognise that safeguarding children is the responsibility of everyone, not just those who work with children.
- Ensure that Waldringfield Sailing Club -organised training and events are run to the highest possible safety standards.
- Be prepared to review its ways of working to incorporate best practice.
- Treat all children with respect and celebrate their achievements.
- Carefully recruit and select all employees, contractors and volunteers.
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to all complaints and concerns about poor practice or suspected or actual child abuse.
This policy relates to all employees, contractors and volunteers who work with children or vulnerable adults in the course of their club duties. It will be kept under periodic review. All relevant concerns, allegations, complaints and their outcome should be notified to one of the Waldringfield Sailing Club Safeguarding Co-ordinators. – Ali Sudell (07979 856 366) or Jamie Whittle (07905 400234)
You can access our full policy here;
Our self-declaration form can be downloaded here;
Last updated: 18 June 2019